1kg prawns (skins removed and fully defrosted)
2 onions, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely crushed
A large handful curry leaves
1 medium green pepper, roughly cut into cubes
2 heaped tablespoons Pakco red curry paste
1 tin chopped tomato
Juice from 4 lemons
Salt and coarse black pepper
- Fry the onions over medium heat in a little oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, green pepper and curry leaves and cook a little longer.
- Add the curry paste and stir the sauce over the heat, allowing enough time for the curry paste to develop its flavour.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and lemon juice, season well and let the sauce simmer a little to reduce and thicken.
- Add the prawns and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and either serve hot in bowls with crusty bread, or allow to cool in the fridge overnight and serve cold as a cocktail.