3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 bunch fresh basil, sliced into strips
1 punnet strawberries
- Place the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small pot and bring to the boil.
- Allow the vinegar to boil for about 2 minutes or until it resembles a light syrup.
- Meanwhile roughly cut the strawberries (some in halves, some in rough quarters) and place them in a serving platter.
- Scatter the basil strips onto the strawberries and drizzle the syrup over them.
- Give the strawberries a little toss and serve.