1 whole side salmon trout – about 300-500g
4 to 5 beetroot, skinned and grated
Zest of 1 lemon
1 bunch dill, finely chopped
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
- Place the whole side of salmon trout into a baking tray.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and then pack the mixture on top of the salmon.
- Cover the salmon with clingwrap and then place something heavy on top of the salmon (like a big, heavy cookery book!!)
- Leave “marinading” in the fridge for about three hours, depending on the thickness of the trout. If the trout is very thick you could leave it in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, slice thinly and place on stenalder bread, bruschetta or rosti with a dollop of crème fraiche.