250g rolled oats
1 heaped tablespoon chia Seeds (optional)
1 ½ cups apple juice
½ cup cream
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons honey (depending on taste preference)
1 cup Greek yogurt
½ tsp vanilla essence or 1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup cranberries
¼ cup slivered almonds
200g grated apple
Extra berries or bananas for serving
- Place the oats, chia seeds, apple juice, milk, cream and cranberries into a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with clingwrap and refrigerate overnight (you can leave this mixture in the fridge for up to a week, taking out a single serving everyday and adding the rest of the ingredients)
- Just before serving, mix in the yogurt, honey, vanilla essence, almonds and grated apple.
- Lastly add some fresh blueberries and/or banana or strawberries.
- To serve, place the Bircher muesli in serving glasses or bowls and finish off with a few extra berries