8 chicken pieces or breasts
4 slices Parma or Serrano Ham
Paprika and salt for sprinkling
Olive oil for grilling
1 tin artichoke hearts – drained and cut into quarters
10 or 12 peppadews, halved
2 cups full cream Sherry or Port
A handful of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Lay the parma ham slices on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the ham becomes crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan or frying pan until smoking hot.
- Sprinkle paprika and salt on each of the chicken pieces/breasts.
- Seal each of the pieces on both sides in the griddle pan.
- Place the sealed chicken into an oven dish and liberally douse with the sherry/port.
- Place the artichoke and peppadew pieces all over the chicken and leave in the fridge until needed.
- Increase the oven to 200°C, place the chicken (uncovered) in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, toss the crispy ham all over the top and finish with a sprinkling of flat leaf parsley.
- Serve with crushed potatoes and rocket and a few glasses of wine!
Optional: Fry some chorizo slices until crispy and toss them on top instead of the parma ham.