10 medium courgettes, washed and dried
1 head of broccoli cut into florets with the stalks
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Olive oil and butter for frying
2 tsp chopped garlic
For the crumb mixture:
1 ½ cups fresh bread crumbs
3 tablespoons pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Finely grated rind of ½ orange
2 tablespoons Olive oil
Salt and black pepper
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
Juice of 1 orange
- Blanch the broccoli in rapidly boiling water and refresh in an ice bath.
- Slice the courgettes half lengthwise.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan with a little oil and fry the courgettes until they are slightly coloured on both sides.
- Place the courgettes on a serving platter and allow to cool.
- In the same pan heat a little butter and oil and fry the garlic and then toss the cooked broccoli florets into the pan for a few seconds to absorb the flavours.
- Mix the broccoli with the courgettes and the cherry tomatoes and lay out onto a flat platter.
- Mix the soy sauce and orange juice together and drizzle over the salad.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the crumb mixture and stir fry in a hot pan for about 5 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the vegetables and serve.