1 kg baby potatoes
250g bacon cut into cubes
1 tin corn kernels, drained
1 punnet thin green beans, roughly sliced
1 red onion finely sliced
1 bunch spring onion, sliced
For the dressing:
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tsp English mustard
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon cream
3 anchovy fillets
- Boil the baby potatoes until they are just soft.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool and then cut them in half.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and fry the bacon bits until crispy. Remove from the pan and place the pan back on the heat.
- Fry the onions until they are just soft and then add the green beans. Fry until the beans are just el dente.
- Remove from the stove and mix together with the bacon, corn kernels, spring onions and potatoes.
- To make the dressing, place the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, cream and anchovies in a bowl. Whisk them well to blend everything together and then slowly drizzle the oil into the mixture, whilst continuing to whisk. (this can be also be done in a food processor instead of whisking)
- Add a little water during the whisking if you find the mixture is too thick.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the Caesar dressing over the potatoes and mix very gently.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl and finish with a few slices of spring onion.