3 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups grated carrot
1 x 410g crushed pineapple (with juice)
1 ½ cup chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients and sugar together.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla essence and oil lightly together.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add the carrot, nuts and pineapple (and the juice) and mix well.
- Pour into tins and bake for about ½ an hour.
- Beat 250g margarine until it is almost white and very fluffy.
- Slowly add 500g sifted icing sugar, whilst continuing to beat.
- Now beat in 250g cream cheese. This icing can now be piped onto the cake or muffins.
- If you need the icing to “drip” over the edges of the cake then beat in some cream to thin down the mixture.