500g butter or margarine
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 heaped cup chocolate chips
4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream together the margarine and castor sugar until light and fluffy (note: the marg/butter must be soft)
- Add vanilla essence and beat again until well mixed
- Add flour one cup at a time, if the dough is still too sticky add a little more flour
- Lastly stir in the choc chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe can be multiplied very easily.