800g dark chocolate
400g castor sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp vanilla essence
300g chopped pecan nuts
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Beat the sugar, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate and butter to the egg mixture.
- Thoroughly mix in the flour and salt and then finally fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased oven tray and bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray.
- Cut into pieces (don’t worry if the top flakes a bit because this is how they should be).
- Place the pieces on a serving platter, dust with icing sugar and serve with thick farm cream that has been mixed with chopped preserved ginger and its syrup.