1 litre milk
Zest of 1 orange (or 1 split vanilla pod)
1 whole star anise
1 piece cinnamon bark
1 tsp salt
250ml cream, whipped
½ cup granulated sugar
- Place the milk, rice, orange zest, spices, sugar and salt in a pot over high heat until the milk starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow the rice to simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the rice is just cooked. Please note: you may need to add a little milk occasionally if the rice is getting too dry.
- Allow the rice to cool slightly, fish out the spices and then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a large serving dish or individual containers and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place in an oven at 220°C for about 10 minutes to caramalise the sugar or if you have a blowtorch, scorch the sugar until it browns.
- Serve warm with caramalised orange slices or some fresh berries.