100g cream cheese
1 cup flour
500g butternut, roughly chopped
500g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
100g feta cheese, roughly crumbled
1 tin chickpeas
1 tin coconut milk
½ bunch dhanya
A few rocket leaves
Salt and pepper
- To make the pastry, place all the ingredients into a food processor and whiz until the pastry forms a lump. Allow the pastry to rest in the fridge for about ½ an hour.
- Roll the pastry out and place in a large flat quiche dish or make your own “freeform” pastry base on a baking tray.
- Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Brush with a little egg wash.
- Bake at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until just slightly browned.
- Meanwhile mix the butternut and sweet potato pieces in a roasting pan, together with a generous drizzling of olive oil, the fresh ginger and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes in a hot oven (220°C).
- Remove from the oven and mix with the drained chickpeas, feta cheese and the coconut milk.
- Pile the mixture onto the pastry case and return to the hot oven. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has softened and the pastry is completely cooked. Remove and top with the dhayna and rocket.