1½ cups castor sugar
2 ½ cups flour
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
½ cup water
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons margarine
1 tsp vanilla essence
(for chocolate cake add ¼ cup cocoa)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together, on high, for 10 minutes.
- Fold in the flour (and cocoa if making chocolate) and baking powder.
- Heat the milk, water, margarine, oil and vanilla essence in a microwave for two minutes or in a pot until the margarine has melted.
- Fold the liquid into the cake batter and pour into a greased tin or cupcake holders.
- Bake at 160°C for 10 minutes for the cupcakes or 15 – 20 minutes for a cake.
- Ice and decorate as you please.