For the crust:
350g chocolate biscuits
50g ground almonds
100g butter, melted
Cocoa powder, for dusting
For the filling:
400g cream cheese
110g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g dark chocolate, melted
1 ½ tablespoons red food colouring
For the cassis syrup:
¼ cup crème de Cassis (or any berry liqueur)
¼ cup castor sugar
- Place the biscuits and ground almonds in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs form.
- Add the melted butter and process until well combined.
- Line the base of a springform tin with non-stick paper (or line a few smaller springform tins)
- Press the crumb mixture into the base of the tin and leave in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl or processor until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Finally pour in the melted chocolate and food colouring and process until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin (or tins) and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before refrigerating.
- Dust with cocoa just before serving.
- To make the syrup, place the liqueur and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow the syrup to boil rapidly for a few minutes until it has the consistency of a syrup.
- Allow the syrup to cool slightly and then drizzle it around the cheesecake and decorate with fresh berries.