1 tablespoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
5 anchovies (optional)
1 litre chicken stock
Juice of 2 lemons
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
500ml fresh cream
Blue cheese cream:
200g crème fraiche
100g blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Break the cauliflower up into small florets and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with a little olive oil and then sprinkle generously with cumin powder and a taste of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes until the edges are slightly blackened.
- Meanwhile heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the leeks and garlic until soft.
- Add the anchovies and mash them into the leeks to form a paste.
- Pour in the chicken stock, lemon juice and lemon rind and bring to the boil.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and continue boiling the soup until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Remove from the heat and blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the heat and add the cream.
- To make the blue cheese cream, place both ingredients into a bowl and smash them together to make a smooth paste.
- Serve the boiling soup in warm bowls with either a good dollop of blue cheese cream or a drizzle of truffle oil (if you feel the need to blow the budget!)