1 bunch spinach
1 tablespoon flour
Salt and pepper
1 tub cream cheese
100g smoked salmon
- Remove the stems from the spinach and wash well.
- Place the spinach leaves into a pot of boiling water. Push the leaves under the water and when they have changed colour remove them from the water.
- Squeeze all the water out of the spinach and place in a blender.
- Blend the spinach together with 4 egg yolks and the flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with CLINGWRAP (yes that plastic stuff!)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the spinach mixture.
- Spread over the clingwrap and bake in the oven for about 8/10min.
- Remove from the heat, cool and turn out onto a piece of tinfoil.
- Smear cream cheese all over the cooked spinach and lay slices of smoked salmon on top. Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon and sprinkle with coarse black pepper.
- Roll lengthwise as per a swiss roll.
- Wrap tightly in the tinfoil and refrigerate for a few hours.
- To serve, slice the roulade and serve two or three slices with a herbed mayonnaise.