500g sliced smoked trout or smoked salmon
1kg smoked trout off-cuts (or deboned smoked trout fillets)
2 tubs smooth cream cheese
125ml brandy or the juice of 2 lemons
1 bunch chopped fresh dill
500g softened butter (not margarine)
- Line a terrine tin with clingwrap.
- Place slices of smoked salmon crossways along the length of the tin making sure there is enough to overlap on the top.
- Place the off cuts into the blender and whizz until the flesh is smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place the mixture into the lined tin, making sure it is packed in well.
- Fold the slices of salmon over the filling and cover the whole tin with another layer of clingwrap.
- Place in the fridge until just before serving.
- Serve a slice or two with a light salad or a garnish of your choice.