1 packet stampkoring
1 tin chickpeas, drained and washed
1 chicken stock cube
1 medium cucumber
1 packet cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
1 bunch mint
½ bunch Italian parsley
For the dressing:
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
Salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Place the stampkoring, together with the chicken stock cube and about 2 litres of water in a large pot and boil for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain the stampkoring and rinse under cold water.
- Add the drained tin of chickpeas.
- Cut the cucumbers in half, remove the seeds and slice them into crescents.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or quarters if they are large.
- Finely slice the red onion.
- Roughly chop the mint and parsley and mix all the ingredients together with the stampkoring.
- Make the dressing and mix into the salad.