1 cup plain white flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried)
1 tsp salt
¼ cup olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 165°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the flours, sesame seeds, thyme and salt.
- Mix the oils and water together and add to the dry ingredients, stirring to form a soft, pliable dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls and roll each out on a board as thinly as possible.
- Cut the dough into strips and roll the strips again. The dough needs to be virtually see-though.
- Carefully transfer the strips to the baking tray, brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with flaky salt (maldon).
- Bake until crisp and pale golden – about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully then store in an airtight container.